Recipe by: Chef Traci Des Jardins
- 9-10 ounces tender white fish like halibut, yellowtail, snapper
- ½ cup lime juice (4 limes)
- Juice of 1 tangerine
- Juice of ½ grapefruit
- ½ small red onion
- 1 jalapeño, remove seeds and stem, reserve
- 1 Persian cucumber, quartered, seeds removed
- ½ bunch cilantro, leaves picked, stems finely chopped
- Cilantro flowers
- ½ avocado
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Remove the skin from the fish and discard it. Sprinkle the fish with kosher salt and allow it to sit in the refrigerator for an hour or overnight.
- Combine ¾ of the lime juice and the other citrus juices. Add the seeds of the Jalapeño, seeds of the cucumber, and the cilantro stems, and a generous pinch of salt and let sit for a half hour or more and then strain.
- Cut the red onion half into quarters and then cut into fine slices oriented from the stem to the point of the onion. Place the cut onion into a small mixing bowl, and season with salt and the remaining lime juice.
- Julienne the Jalapeño, quarter the cucumber, and julienne.
- Strain the citrus juice mixture. Slice the fish into 1-inch long slices and divide evenly into individual bowls, pour the citrus mixture over. Combine the cucumber, red onion, and Jalapeño in a small mixing bowl, add a pinch of salt, and mix. Sprinkle over the fish slices, and top with cilantro leaves and flowers. Peel the avocado and slice the avocado into 4 slices lengthwise and then cut across to form little wedges. Season the avocado with a little salt and place evenly over the fish and citrus. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve.